Index Labels

Interested to work with Salman Khan, says Deepika Padukone

. . No comments:
 Actress Deepika Padukone says she is keen to work with superstar Salman Khan but is waiting for something special to bring them together on screen.

Deepika had an acting debut offer from Salman, which happened way before she was chosen by Farah Khan for Om Shanti Om. However, she declined it then as she felt she was not ready to face the camera.

"He offered me my first film when I was too young and I was not ready to be in front of the camera. I will always be grateful to him. Just the fact that he offered me a film was a great thing. It is taking a long time for us to come together on screen, so I think there is something special waiting for us," Deepika said last night.

The actress, who will be seen alongside south superstar Rajnikanth for the first time in Kochadaiyaan, says she admires his child like enthusiasm.

"I worked for three days with him. I took back from him is his simplicity, humility and child like attitude on sets. Despite achieving so much success he is so excited, enthusiastic and energetic even today, this is something that is inspiring to see," she said.

A lot of appreciation is coming Deepika's way with the success of films like 'Chennai Express', 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', 'Race 2' but the actress feels awkward when people compliment her.

"I feel lucky enough to play special characters with good actors and directors...I feel awkward when people compliment me. I don't take compliments well, I don't reciprocate well," the actress said.

Deepika is happy to be a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's romantic drama 'Ram Leela' opposite Ranveer Singh.

"There are various ways of telling a love story, like he (Sanjay) did with 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam', 'Devdas', and now he has come with a new love story 'Ram Leela', with a new background, new palette. Gujarat is not explored much in films, it is a new, different side of Gujarat," she said.

"The exciting part is that the film is new looking, fresh and different, it is a risk that we both (Ranveer and I) have taken... It is a new take on love story. We are nervous but excited," she said.

Deepika said it was not easy as it was emotionally, mentally and physically demanding film.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...